Why Don't My Kids Listen to Me? Kensington, MD
An Introduction to PEP
Are you tired of saying the same things over and over? Do you find yourself giving in to your kids’ demands or yelling at them, or both? Join us for PEP's in-person introductory workshop and learn about our approach to positive parenting techniques. You'll leave with specific strategies you can use to gain your children’s cooperation without nagging, bribing or yelling.
- Meets in person at the PEP Office, 10100 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD 20895 (in Kensington Baptist Church on the corner of Connecticut and Dresden)
- Saturday, September 21, from 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Cancellation policy: If plans change and you need to cancel at the last minute, please call 301-929-8824 and leave a message.
- This is a program for adults.
Cost: Free. Registration required.
Note: Should you require proof of attendance for any reason, please notify PEP by email: firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
The Benefits of an In-Person Class
You are able to interact with your PEP Leaders and other parents face to face.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions in class and will have the contact information of your PEP Leader for questions that come up later.
- You will learn new parenting techniques and see them in action during the workshop.
- You will learn from other parents that you are not the only person with an uncooperative child and learn many ways to win your child's cooperation.
PEP Leaders (what we call our parent educators) are first and foremost parents just like you. They started in PEP classes, looking for answers to their parenting questions. They found the PEP approach so helpful in their families that they trained to become a PEP parent educator. Your PEP Leaders have spent hundreds (and in some cases, thousands) of hours in classes and training sessions as well as in on-the-job training in order to gain the skills to be working with you today.