PLEASE NOTE: If circumstances, related to the outbreak of the coronavirus, call for moving this class online, delaying its start, or rescheduling it, PEP will refund your tuition 100 percent if you are no longer able to attend.
Do you wonder how to raise your children to be responsible, respectful and trustworthy—all while getting dinner on the table? Do you worry about cyberspace, peer pressure and other facts of modern life? Parenting, while it brings much joy, is hard work. This class provides a sound framework for positive parenting and proven skills to understand and solve behavior problems. Learn how you can be closer and have more fun as a family while also motivating your children to be more cooperative, self-disciplined and successful.
- Meets in person at the PEP Office, 10100 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD 20895 (in Kensington Baptist Church on the corner of Connecticut and Dresden)
- Tuesdays, April 14 - June 2, from 7:30 - 9:30 pm
- Textbook: Parenting With Courage and Uncommon Sense by Linda E. Jessup and Emory Luce Baldwin Click this link to order: Order here.
- Cancellation policy: Cancel at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the class to receive a refund minus a $15 administrative fee per person. Withdrawals after the first meeting, but before the second, receive a 75 percent tuition refund. There are no refunds after the second class meeting, unless the withdrawal is related to a change in the class format or schedule due to the coronavirus outbreak .
Cost: $279 per person, or $498 per couple registering together.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Get 20% off individual registrations and 10% off couple registrations by using the coupon code EARLYPEPONE when you check out. Early bird registration discount expires April 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Note: Should you require proof of attendance for any reason, please notify PEP by email: [email protected] before registering.
The Benefits of an In-Person Class
You are able to interact with your PEP Leaders and other parents face to face.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions in class and will have the contact information of your PEP Leaders for questions that come up between classes.
- You will learn new parenting techniques and be able to practice them before you "debut" them at home.
- You will learn from other parents that you are not the only person with an uncooperative child and learn many ways to win your child's cooperation.
PEP Leaders (what we call our parent educators) are first and foremost parents just like you. They started in PEP classes, looking for answers to their parenting questions. They found the PEP approach so helpful in their families that they trained to become a PEP parent educator. Your PEP Leaders have spent hundreds (and in some cases, thousands) of hours in classes and training sessions as well as in on-the-job training in order to gain the skills to be working with you today.