Learn positive discipline methods to calm tantrums, avoid power struggles and engage your child’s cooperation. Insight into your child’s temperament and developmental stage along with guided practice with setting limits calmly and consistently will equip you with a parenting toolbox you can use throughout the years of childrearing.
- Meets in person at the PEP Office, 10100 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD 20895 (in Kensington Baptist Church on the corner of Connecticut and Dresden)
- Tuesdays, October 15 - December 3, from 7:30 - 9:30 pm
- Textbook: Positive Discipline for Preschoolers, 3rd Edition by Jane Nelsen, et al. Copies will be available for purchase at the first class. $10.80 (including tax). Cash or checks are acceptable for payment
- Cancellation policy: Cancel at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the class and receive a refund minus a $15 administrative fee per person. Withdrawals after the first meeting, but before the second, receive a 75 percent tuition refund. There are no refunds after the second class meeting.
Cost: $279 per person, or $498 per couple registering together.
Note: Should you require proof of attendance for any reason, please notify PEP by email: [email protected] before registering.
The Benefits of an In-Person Class
You are able to interact with your PEP Leaders and other parents face to face.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions in class and will have the contact information of your PEP Leaders for questions that come up between classes.
- You will learn new parenting techniques and be able to practice them before you "debut" them at home.
- You will learn from other parents that you are not the only person with an uncooperative child and learn many ways to win your child's cooperation.
PEP Leaders (what we call our parent educators) are first and foremost parents just like you. They started in PEP classes, looking for answers to their parenting questions. They found the PEP approach so helpful in their families that they trained to become a PEP parent educator. Your PEP Leaders have spent hundreds (and in some cases, thousands) of hours in classes and training sessions as well as in on-the-job training in order to gain the skills to be working with you today.