Examine the real reasons parents get angry (some may surprise you) and learn how to change your thoughts, words and actions for more positive outcomes. Learn ways to help your kids cope with their anger, too.
- Meets in person at the PEP Office, 10100 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD 20895 (in Kensington Baptist Church on the corner of Connecticut and Dresden)
- Thursdays, November 14 - December 5, from 7:30 - 9:30 pm (skips November 28)
- Cancellation policy: Cancel your registration at least 48 hours in advance of the event and you will receive a refund minus a $10 per person administrative fee. There will be no other refunds.
Cost: $98 per person, or $175 per couple registering together.
Note: PEP is unable to provide proof of attendance or certificates of completion for the Managing Anger class.
The Benefits of an In-Person Class
You are able to interact with your PEP Leaders and other parents face to face.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions in class and will have the contact information of your PEP Leaders for questions that come up between classes.
- You will learn new parenting techniques and be able to practice them before you "debut" them at home.
- You will learn from other parents that you are not the only person with an uncooperative child and learn many ways to win your child's cooperation.
PEP Leaders (what we call our parent educators) are first and foremost parents just like you. They started in PEP classes, looking for answers to their parenting questions. They found the PEP approach so helpful in their families that they trained to become a PEP parent educator. Your PEP Leaders have spent hundreds (and in some cases, thousands) of hours in classes and training sessions as well as in on-the-job training in order to gain the skills to be working with you today.